Fantastic! My First blogging award!
Yay! Thank you Tales From Tedium for nominating me for the Liebster Award. A German award dating back to 2010 (just a babe 🙂 )…specifically awarded to blogs with less than 200 followers. Liebster means ‘dearest’ in German….awww so sweet. I am honored. Baby steps!
Now to accept my award (which I gladly do)… I must tell you:
11 random facts about me:
- I can raise each of my eyebrows individually.
- I am a fan of wine and chocolate.
- I am writing a Contemporary Young Adult novel.
- I have mostly brown eyes that occasionally turn green, cause unknown.
- I am organized.
- I have two dogs and one cat.
- I like all kinds of olives.
- I have a bachelor of science in electrical engineering, but now work as a writer.
- I am crafty.
- I am a happy person.
- I love to read.
My nominator Tales From Tedium gave me 11 questions to answer:
1. If you had to pick a final meal what would you choose?
Wine and chocolate…such a bizarre thought, not sure I’d have an appetite.
2. If you could only have one book of fiction to read forever, which would it be?
In Search of Lost Time by Marcel Proust — Guinness World Record holder for longest novel at 4,211 pages and cross my fingers that it is good 🙂
3.Where do you most want to visit and why?
Changes all the time — today, Jerusalem because a friend just got back from an amazing trip and it sounds great.
4. What is the best thing about blogging?
Engaging in another form of writing and meeting other bloggers.
5. Why did you choose to take part in the A to Z challenge?
My blog needed attention and it sounded like a lot of fun (which it has been).
6. Have you preplanned any posts, Q or X or Z perhaps?
Nope…but thank you for the idea/reminder!
7. When did you last enjoy live music, who played?
New Year’s Eve 2012 on Times Square! Various artists.
8. Who influences you?
My family. All decisions are based on what’s good for us all first and foremost.
9. Which three words best describe you?
Balanced, funny, creative
10.What makes you happy?
A lot…being surrounded by inspiring people, being productive, having choices…
11. How long did you take to choose you 11 nominations?
Not sure, this whole post has taken a good couple of hours. But I learned some formatting things I didn’t know before…so time well spent!
To my Liebster Nominees, I have chosen you from Blogging A to Z Challenge 2013 because each day I take time to look at at least 3 blogs and I have been lucky enough to stumble upon your blog and found it interesting and enjoyable. I look forward to getting to know you!
Shall you decide to accept this award, here are your qualifiers:
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank the blogger who gave you the award and link back to their site
- Post 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions posed to you
- Nominate 11 new bloggers for this FANTASTIC award (only requirement: must have fewer than 200 followers)
- Ask your nominees 11 questions that would help you get to know them
11 questions to my nominees:
1. What is the best thing about blogging?
2. What is one major thing you’d like to accomplish this year?
3. What is your biggest obstacle, right now?
4. Why did you choose to take part in the A to Z challenge?
5. Have you preplanned any posts, Q or X or Z perhaps?
6. What is the current buzzword?
7. What word did you overuse today?
8. What song is stuck in your head?
9. What was the last TV show you watched?
10.What is your favorite accessory?
11. Which three words best describe you?
And the nominees: